Monday, December 15, 2008

A "New Look" for Sarah Ruba

Sundays mornings at my house has religiously become a day to tidy up. Yes it's the only time I can display my Joan Crawford like behavior, you know, when I let my boyfriend know that I'm not mad at him, I'm mad at the dirt, also checking the closets for wire hangers, and having both dogs help me scrub the bathroom floor. I start off with putting on some new music, or I just put on the album I've been obsessing over in the last week or so. Luckily, a couple of weeks back I met the multi-talented Sarah Ruba, the lead singer of "New Look" (she was also cast as the new face of Converse by John Varvatos). Sarah gave me a copy of her new album New Look, which I had the opportunity to listen to today. I was so excited to hear the eccentric electro album the whole way through with out skipping to the next song, YES it's that good. The indie band is composed of Sarah Ruba & Adam Pavao, the home grown duo are busting beats and vocals right out of Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, and it's obvious that they definitely have a bright future in the music industry. It's one of those albums where the music is new, but has that familiar good funky feel about it. I actually thought at on point that I was listening to Moloko and Róisín Murphy, and in a different way the also could be the new "Everything But the Girl", which I have to say is an absolute compliment. It's easy on the ears, the vocals are great, and the beats are fresh. My favorites are the oh so functioning, "Function of love", also "Everything" the song is everything, and finally "So Real" will make you ready for a drink.

Be sure to check out New Look's album

Myspace.com/newlooknewlooknewlook

Upcoming Shows
Mar 13 2009 9:00P
13th March // Sous Le Pont @ Showcase // Paris Paris
Mar 20 2009 9:00P
20th March // This Is Music @ The Legion // London London
<

No comments:

Post a Comment

mtc casting

My photo
New York, New York, United States
We are a fashion casting company giving you the inside scoop on the modeling and fashion world. We only post when it's a worthy "Lil' Secret"!

Followers