Monday, March 23, 2009

Downtown L.A Fashion Week

Today we are giving you a 3 part blog on what L.A gave us!

We are back from our trip to Los Angeles and so excited that spring is now here!
Casting for the DLAFW was just as expected: the models for the show were exclusively from L.A Models, as a contribution to benefit the MOCA. We saw at least 100 girls, all were beautiful (predictable in LA) but 90% of them could not walk if their life depended on it. I would think that with all the sidewalks in L.A these girls would get out of their little hybrids and start practicing. Thank GOD for the other 10% whom we cast for the show!

The MOCA location is EVERYTHING! Before this event I had no idea that this place existed. Wow- Leanna Lewis did an amazing job at producing the show, which would rival those of NYFW. The real A-List ladies of L.A such as Marisa Tomei, Kelly Lynch, Lisa Rinna, Garcelle Beauvais, Janice Dickinson, Nicki Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, Zoe Saldana, and Bai Ling to name a few, didn’t think twice about putting on the ritz, especially to be seen by the paparazzi on the red carpet (actually the event decide to do a black carpet?). My goodness there was fabulous drag queens, downtown street dancers, the amazing D.J Mark Lewis, a wicked FIERCE presentation by L.A based designer LOUIE VERDAD and photographer August Bradley, the fabulous DECADES 20th Century Glamour Fashion Show, and an after party all at the same event.
I had a blast! I want to thank all those who helped Leanna with their participated efforts to make this incredible art event benefiting the amazing MOCA come true! This is a new beginning for L.A. Special thanks to Leanna Lewis and her lovely crew, Jason Townsend, Petra Flannery and her assistant Marco Milani, Mark Lewis, Cameron Silver and all those wonderful people @ DECADES!

Later in true downtown L.A style, we headed over to the very “eastside art scene” club Bee’z Wax. Let me tell you the only place in L.A where people know how to walk the runway is here on this dance floor. Right around 1 am when the DL gay gangsters have had the right amount of liquor, they break out into an Xtravaganza’s VOGUE, and turn the club into a house ball, I loved it!

Here are pictures from a night of 20th Century L.A Glamour

1 comment:

  1. I am a los angeles model and i would like to learn how to walk better. Are there free classes? Where should i turn? Im serious btw. i really want to do better


mtc casting

My photo
New York, New York, United States
We are a fashion casting company giving you the inside scoop on the modeling and fashion world. We only post when it's a worthy "Lil' Secret"!