With the economy crisis, everyone is effected, especially the multi-billion dollar fashion industry (including a designer friend of ours who had the shaggy carpet of investors pulled out from under him and had to cancel his show). With Fashion Week just around the corner, many prominent designers are cutting back on expenses and presenting in alternate spaces. Venues at the Bryant
Park tents cost between $25,000 and $50,000, plus there is the cost of models, invitations, show producers, etc. Renowned designers Betsey Johnson, Donna Karen, and Vera Wang opted to forgo their lavish runway productions at Bryant Park this season. Marc Jacobs cut his show guest list by nearly half and cancelled his fabulous Fashion Week after-party.
While most are slashing their budgets, young talent this season may reap the benefits. Retailers will be hunting for new and fresh styles that have the potential to bring customers back into stores!
- ► 2010 (72)
- Bohemian Luxe!
- Julian Louie's Sophomore Collection
- Sophie Theallet Gets Personal About Casting
- Sophie Theallet With A Navajo Edge!
- Eliza Backstage at Akiko Ogawa
- Akiko Ogawa Gets Personal About Casting!
- Akiko Ogawa ROCKS Bryant Park!
- Marc Bouwer Glams It Up For F/W09!
- Bryant Park is Valentine to NYC Fashionistas
- DAVID DELFIN SETS THE TONE FOR FASHION
- Fashion Week Starts a Day Early!
- Hola Soy David DelFin
- Reality Bites (NYC)!
- Elite has a Shindig at Saks
- Gorgeous People / Front of the Line Please!
- "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST"
- Color Me Custo
- ▼ February (17)