This Valentines Day, forget the chocolate's, NYC fashionistas attend the Bryant Park tents, as the 2nd day of fashion week sends more amazing trends down the runways. Eric Kim, designer of Monarchy, has always focused on the construction of his garments and gets much of his inspiration from architecture. As I watched his Fall 09 collection come down the runway, it was apparent how much time went into these detailed and structured garments. Monarchy’s collection had equestrian and military inspiration. There were a few edgy pieces including the leather jackets, which had an immense amount of zipper detailing and asymmetrical lines. Eric also included some fantastic capes, which had beautiful draping that were just gliding off the model’s bodies. The guys were fully equipped with their riding boots and well-tailored military jackets. And as for Eric Kim, he was relaxed and ready to deliver his collection to NYC!
- ► 2010 (72)
- Bohemian Luxe!
- Julian Louie's Sophomore Collection
- Sophie Theallet Gets Personal About Casting
- Sophie Theallet With A Navajo Edge!
- Eliza Backstage at Akiko Ogawa
- Akiko Ogawa Gets Personal About Casting!
- Akiko Ogawa ROCKS Bryant Park!
- Marc Bouwer Glams It Up For F/W09!
- Bryant Park is Valentine to NYC Fashionistas
- DAVID DELFIN SETS THE TONE FOR FASHION
- Fashion Week Starts a Day Early!
- Hola Soy David DelFin
- Reality Bites (NYC)!
- Elite has a Shindig at Saks
- Gorgeous People / Front of the Line Please!
- "ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST"
- Color Me Custo
- ▼ February (17)